Liberal Democrats have always made efforts to not just support charitable organisations that provide help and advice for those with caring needs, but to also promote environmental projects to brighten up the area.
|Photo credit: Jon Perry|
- Improvement of our three main parks which all now have Green Flag status!
- Wild meadow planted on Southfield Rec
- Over a hundred new street trees planted
- Nest boxes for swifts
- Plant beds on Southfield Rec and Acton Green
- Winning a Council recycling award after we promoted the benefits of recycling
- Greener lighting
- Successfully stopped the Conservative party from relocating the 94 bus terminus to Shepherds Bush meaning we would lose a vital bus service
- Many bus stops are now disability friendly
- Cycle training for children and adults
- Bike racks installed to help support our local shops
- Bike racks expanded opposite Turnham Green station
- Bike Hangers installed so that residents can store their cycles safely overnight at low cost
- Agreed to Car club bays to help give alternatives to those who want to give up their cars
Of course this is a good start but in seeking re-election Southfield’s three Liberal Democrat Councillors look to make more improvements to the area. Some of the key improvements we seek include:
• Much greater number of electric charging points
• Better recycling so it is free and better promoted
• Piccadilly Line tubes stopping at Turnham Green
• Better access for those with disabilities at our tube and rail stations
In the up-coming local elections which take place on 3rd May 2018 I look forward to how we can discuss more ideas from residents about how our area can be improved.